Are you implementing a Microsoft Virtualization Solution? We can help
Perhaps you've used Microsoft Virtual Server, Virtual PC or VMWare Workstation or Server in the past and is now looking for a corporate Server Virtualization strategy using Microsoft virtualization technology. We recommend Microsoft Hyper-V - the fastest growing virtualization solution on the market today.
Server virtualization is a hot topic in IT currently because of the potential for saving money on physical hardware, electricity and cooling. With Hyper-V, it’s easier than ever to take advantage of the cost savings of virtualization through Windows Server 2008 R2. Optimize your server hardware investments by consolidating multiple server roles as separate virtual machines running on a single physical machine, efficiently run multiple different operating systems in parallel, on a single server, and fully leverage the power of x64 computing.
With the release of Windows Server 2008 R2, a new feature of Hyper-V was released called Live Migration. Live Migration utilizes Windows Server 2008 R2 clustering features to enable you to migrate running VMs from one physical computer to another without any interruption to service.
SSW can help you install, setup, manage and backup your Hyper-V solution. SSW runs its own Hyper-V infrastructure consisting over 10+ physical servers and 50+ virtual machines, so you can be sure that our consultants have hands on experience when it comes to supporting your Hyper-V in a critical business environment
- Are your servers in a data centre? Reduce rack space expenditure by consolidating servers
- Are your servers in your office? Reduce power consumption and cooling costs by consolidating servers
- Your servers will be contained in a single Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) file – take copies of all your critical servers home with you on a USB drive!
- Perfect for testing and development – create and test a wide variety of scenarios in a safe, self-contained environment
- Have an important software update to perform but are concerned it may affect your current system? Take a snapshot before you upgrade so you can roll back the changes quickly and easily
- Backup your VMs while they are switched on using DPM2010 http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/en/us/data-protection-manager.aspx
- Need to perform maintenance on a physical server? No worries – live migrate all the VM’s off the physical host and start maintenance work with no down time
|Feature||Hyper-V R2||Hyper-V R2 Live Migration*|
|Reduce Power Consumption|
|Reduce Cooling Requirements|
|Servers Stored in a single VHD file|
|Increase Hardware Return on Investment|
|Live Backups using DPM 2010|
|Ability To Snapshot Before Major Changes|
|Perfect Testing and Development Environment|
|VM High Availability|